6 Common Myths About Book Reviews
Book reviews are a powerful promotional tool, but there are some misconceptions about how to obtain them. Here are some common myths about getting book reviews.
- Myth #1 - Book reviews are just for new books.
- Myth #2 - No one will review a self-published book.
- Myth #3 - Book reviews are just for books being sold to bookstores and libraries.
- Myth #4 - You can't get reviews for ebooks.
- Myth #5 - No one pays attention to the reviews in online bookstores.
- Myth #6 – It's not worth the effort of pursing reviews.
*Dana Lynn Smith, The Savvy Book Marketer, helps authors and indie publishers learn how to sell more books through her how-to guides, blog, newsletter, and private coaching. Get her free Top Book Marketing Tips ebook, visit her blog, follow on Twitter, and connect on Facebook.