If you’re unfamiliar with the idea of a blog, the term comes from the contraction of the phrase, “web log.” A blog is simply a way to post whatever you wish to the Internet. Many think of it as a free, simple, easy-to-maintain website and others consider it an open journal.
A blog, as with every part of your marketing, has but one main purpose. It’s to raise awareness of you and your books and novels.
However, it also serves a number of other purposes.
- helps establish your credibility as an author
- allows others to learn of your books and novels
- sells and pre-sell your books, 24/7
- allows you to have a two-way conversation with your potential customers
- serves to promote your existing and upcoming books and novels
- allows you to communicate about things that are of importance to you
- can put you in touch with other authors for collaborate, not competitive, efforts
- can even help you develop the habit of writing on a regular basis
Book Marketing Mondays: The Single Best Marketing Tool for an Author The Official BookBuzzr Blog